The Design Director is responsible for developing original creative concepts and approaches, working on multiple projects through execution, and managing several workstreams, their products and vendors.
As a Design Director at Velo, you will contribute to the development of brand and marketing strategies that drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s brand creative, brand experience and digital deliverables, and you should inspire the team and our clients on all levels to exceed expectations.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that strengthen clients’ market distinction and leadership position
- Articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Concept and create marketing, social and branding solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives
- Grow new business and develop solid client relationships
- Inspire and motivate creative teams and serve as overall creative lead
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production
- Cultivate creative strategies
- Help the Partners manage the creative staff and work product
- Develop and direct creative work of the highest caliber with their team
- Participate in new business development efforts, leading creative teams
- 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years in a digital, or branding agency environment)
- A strong working knowledge of what goes into successful brand development, interaction design and the creative process overall
- Recognized expertise in two or more of the following: identity, interactive design, advertising, social media
- Comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for the digital and social channels and related mediums
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to receive direction as well as take initiative
- Strong drawing skills
- Knowledge of print and web production
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design or similar experience
Velo is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
All interesting and interested applicants should send resumes and examples of work to:
with the subject line “Senior Account Executive”
We look forward to meeting you!