You are curious and quirky. You see things that ordinary people don’t. You see things with a sense of humor and creativity, a flair of ingenuity and delight. You believe in the power of great storytelling. You are obsessed with your craft.
A Design Internship is an opportunity for new designers to practice their craft on actual client work—helping some of the most influential brands and companies achieve great outcomes. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and start thinking, prototyping, collaborating, designing, and making worthwhile mistakes as part of your journey and Velo’s way of working. We have a three-month intern program, during which you will work with our strategy and design teams. You will be expected to contribute insights and ideas that challenge how we think and view our clients from alternate perspectives.
If you subscribe to the following, Velo might be the place for you ….
- You truly believe that design can make an impact.
- You want to help people and the companies they work within to show up as the best version of themselves.
- You are a maker.
- You are curious and love to learn.
In collaboration with strategists and designers Design Interns work to imagine, visualize, and create thought-provoking and problem-solving design solutions for our clients. Interns are responsible for actively participating in client work and helping to shape their experience at Velo.
What we look for
Design Interns at Velo have a strong background in graphic or interaction design, and are generally recent graduates or entering their senior year of school. We seek creative, nimble thinkers, who are problem solvers, and makers. And of course, someone who is passionate about bringing creativity to our greatest challenges.
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a Design-oriented university program
- Online or PDF portfolio with diverse creative work and accompanying strategic thinking explanations
- Confident as an individual contributor, and in collaboration with others
- Strong communication skills
- Strong grasp of Adobe Creative Suite, additional development or motion/animation programs a plus
Provide design and production support for all phases of our process, including:
- Identity work
- Image and Video creation and curation
- Pitch decks
- Client presentations
- Degree or working towards a degree in graphic design
- Great eye for design, and the hands skills to bring your ideas to life with excellence.
- Be a problem solver, with clear written and oral communication skills
- Displays a natural curiosity about consumer behavior and insights
- Be digitally native
- Adore the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Keynote
- Have a desire and willingness to work as part of a team and display excellent interpersonal skills
Velo is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
All interesting and interested applicants should send resumes and examples of work to:
with the subject line “Senior Account Executive”
We look forward to meeting you!